Tuesday 18 July 2006

Monday races at the Royal Windsor racecourse

I went to the Monday races at the Royal Windsor racecourse yesterday evening. It was a company function so the entrance fee was all paid for.

The atmosphere was great. Many companies booked enclosures for their group and it was great for social functions. Some families also bring their kids along and picnic on the side lawn.

I only managed to bet on one race. My strategy was to pick the horse with the girls name. Sadly, 'Pretty Miss' came fifth. There goes my 5 pounds!


One of them ought to be 'Pretty Miss'!

One particular race was really close. They don't use camera judgements at the Royal Windsor. So two horses shared the first prize!


Equal first.

I've also met a real jockey for the first time. They are really quite tiny!

Overall, it was an interesting evening. Horse-racing is very English and I was planning to attend the Royal Ascot next year. But considering the high entrance costs, I think the Royal Windsor will do for now!

Also, I need a new betting strategy. Can anyone help? :P

No comments: