Tuesday 25 March 2008

Brazilian visa

I have just found out that as an Australia, I will need a visa to enter Brazil.

But people from the following countries don't:

Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Morocco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, the Sovereign Order of Malta (citizens of Malta must have a visa), Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad y Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, Uruguay and the Vatican.

The only other significant countries that aren't not on this list are USA and Canada. What does that say about us!!!

Anyway, Visa processing will take 3 working days. And here I am, with tickets in hand for tomorrow, and no visa! Great, I need to change my ticket and go line up at the Brazilian Consulate first thing tomorrow morning!

I really wish my parents had got a British passport for me when it was offered to them!

Update (26/03/2008 am): I have handed over my passport at the Brazilian consulate. Visa costs £48 and it is payable only at the Post Office. I queued for about an hour, even though I arrived half an hour before the door opens! The visa will be ready in 3 working days, so with some luck, I am flying out on Monday evening.


Update (26/03/2008 pm): Change of plans again. I am going to fly out next Friday, if I can get a seat. I hope I can arrive in time for the weekend so that I can make my way to Rio and do some sightseeing.

Update (09/04/2008 pm): More changes. The job has been moved and it is now conflicted with my holiday schedule. I have decided to go on the holidays. I really need a break and some time for myself.

No comments: