Tuesday 25 April 2006

First week at work in London

Writtem By: SP, 28 Apr 2006

I guess working for someone is the same no matter where you go.....except you own the company, you can turn up anytime you want, do anything you want and no one will give you a look! Monday 24th is my first day working in London, the first impression I get from these Brits are quite formal- every IT guy on this floor wears suit + tie, clothes hanger at the side of their desk. Imagine that in a normal Sydney IT department, people thinks you are going for an interview!!!

People tends to start late in this company - 9:30-10am are seem to be normal for some people. But I think I will opt to start early and leave around 5:30pm (8 hours a day)

There are many optios available for me to get to work. I can catch a 1) bus, tube and then walk 15 mins to office 2) Bus, Bus and walk 3-4 mins to work. Option 2 seems to be a better alternatibes provided that the bus driver does not skip station - yes, for some reason the driver doesn't feel like stopping to pick you up. After talking to my colleagues, it seem to be normal. The tube is OK but wherever you bring up the topic with your colleagues, they will scream and bitch about how unrealiable it is. Mate! I think they should go to Sydney and see how good it is compare to the Tube in UK.

I need to go back and earn some bread now. More work/travel updates later....

No comments: