Wednesday 13 December 2006

A Christmas Carol

No, I haven't read the book. This post is about real carol singing.

Today, I've joined a small group of people to sing at Liverpool Street station to raise money for 'Help the Hospice'.

A bit about Liverpool Street station, it is one of the busiest train station in UK, with around 125 million vistors each year. So there we were, 6 of us, standing near one of the entrance, singing X'mas Carols for St Joseph's Hospice.

'Help the Hospice' is a charity organisation which helps fund and provide palliative care. As some of you may know, I don't sing and I don't really enjoy performing. But it is for a worthwhile cause. 

Singing in a train station is especially difficult because our group is small and we have a big space to cover. I overcame my shyness and put a lot of effort into project my voice. As we warmed up, we were getting a good flow of donations. Nobody threw eggs at us. So it was a pleasant experience afterall. :)

No comments: