Friday 16 June 2006

Using your credit card in UK Part II

Written By: SP, 16 Jun 2006

Got a call from HSBC card service team yesterday. After a lengthy investigation by the team, they claimed the problem is due my repayment to my credit card (CC) account on Monday. It got nothing to do with my spending patterns or anything they claimed earlier on the day. Their system cannot differentiate or do not have the information to determine if my repayment is cash or cheque deposit (hence valid - ie "won't bounce") and in order to safe guard HSBC and its shareholders, they will need 7 days or 5 working days to clear my CASH deposit. Even after 2 days of repayment and their HSBC Online shows I have the available fund to use on my CC but in reality, I don't have access to it and in the mean time, "Thank you very much Mr Poh, I'm earning interest on your money"

Case closed. I'm definitely changing my bank, I have enough with these idiots. But again, my colleagues has warned me, DO NOT expect any service from UK banks - coz it will just ruin your day!

No comments: