Wednesday 28 June 2006

Waterzooï

My favourite Belgium dish is a seafood stew called Waterzooi Langoustine.

Waterzooi typically made of the fish (or chicken), vegetables including carrots and leeks, herbs, eggs, cream and butter. Originally, it was a family dish that is made with all the left-overs for the day. It sounds like a bouillabaisse. However, it is quite different and has more variants than bouillabaisse. In fact, the dish always looks completely different in different restaurants

The variant that I particularly liked was the one with langoustine. I first had this Waterzooi in Antwerp. It was made with fish and I thought it was good. Then in Brugge, I went to one of the restaurant recommended by the host and I had an amazing Waterzooi made with Langoustine (it's kinda like yabbies)! It was soooo yummy that I find my way back to the restaurant the day after to satisfy my cravings. hahaha


Waterzooi, before it was attacked
This dish as a 'whole'!

After it was 'consumed'!
Empty!

No comments: