Monday 5 November 2007

The tale of two homemade burgers

SP and I went to a house party the weekend before last. During the party, we mentioned the burgers at BurgerFuel in NZ. That reminded me that I have a precious jar of aioli from Provence! What's better than making a gourmet burger with it!

SP and I went to Waitrose next day, trying to source our buns and burgers. The buns come in a packet of four. So, SP and I agreed that we will take turn to make dinner for the next two days.

No.. this is not another competition. We decided to make different burgers: I was to replicate the 'Ford Freakout' burger from BurgerFuel and SP was to make his special prawn burger.

So here are the results:

My creation: Angus beef burger, crispy bacon, avocado, generous amount of aioli and leaves. It was very very very yummy. The beef was tender and it is also tasty. The crispy bacon added some crunchiness to the burger and it is balanced by the creaminess of the avocado and the aioli! Absolutely wonderful! I LOVE aioli!

SP's creation: fried Madagascan prawns with aioli and leaves. SP added bacon on his. The Madagascan prawns have a very fine texture to it. It also has a very sweet taste to it. This certainly beats the normal king prawns (tasteless) and the normal tiger prawns in Australia! The only other comparable prawns are Panamanian prawns.

Dinner is served! Luckily, our white wine supply hasn't run out yet! We also made a streaky bacon salad (with balsamic vinegar sauce) to go with our meal. Aren't we healthy? :)

No comments: