Sunday 28 October 2007

Risotto ai Funghi Porcini


SP and I bought some dried porcini from the Italian market. It is very good quality so it is best that we consume it ASAP (that's my reasoning, anyway)

As we were cooking, I simply couldn't resist the temptation to do tastings every couple of minutes. The fragrance of porcini filled up the entire apartment! Luckily, there are still a good amount left when the dish is ready to be served.

We have made our risotto extra rich and it went really well with a glass of wine.

I can't wait until we make this dish again.

If only I bought more of this stuff from Italy, I would be making it everyday! :)

2 comments:

reenie said...

Ms K! Either that's a very tiny plate, or a very HUUUGE porcini!

JK said...

It is a normal plate.

And yes, the porcini is quite big! We only found one piece which was that big though.

It's very yummy too.